top of page
< Back

NEW ORLEANS PHARMACY MUSEUM

Since its founding in 1950, the New Orleans Pharmacy Museum has been acquiring, preserving and interpreting an extensive collection of artifacts and resources documenting the history of pharmacy and medicine in the 19th and early to mid 20th centuries, with a particular focus on New Orleans and Louisiana. The building that the museum occupies is itself a historic landmark – a classic creole townhouse in the French Quarter constructed in 1822-1823 that served as the apothecary and residence of Louis J. Dulfilho, Jr., the first licensed pharmacist in the United States, until 1855.

Contact:

bottom of page